“You may now … kiss … the bride…”
This haunting and beautifully themed tutorial will help you dress yourself as Emily from Tim Burton’s film, Corpse Bride. Using an airbrush is the best way to create a flawless finish but since most people do not have such a tool, I tried my best to create blue skin with Aqua color and eye shadows. Her up-arched brows, circular, darkened, beautiful blue eyes, sunken in cheekbones and soft pink lips are Emily’s signature aspects. I hope you enjoy the tutorial 🙂
WHAT I USED ~
==BASE & SKIN PREP ==
* ice cube wrapped in napkin
* OLAY Moisturizer (very important to fill in pores and moisturize when painting face and using special effects or uncommon products like glue on your face …)
* Urban Decay Primer Potion
==COLOR & CONTOUR ==
* Kryolan Aquacolor in 070
* Vampin’ Blue Shadow pot by Coastal Scents
* Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette
==EYES & BROWS==
* Black False Lashes (pointy style)
* The Falsies Volume Express Mascara by Maybelline (purple & teal tube)
* Revlon Lash Adhesive/Glue
* Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black/Noir Intense
* Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette
* Claire’s 40 Shimmering Eyeshadow Palette
* Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner pencil in Black/Noir
* NYX Lipliner in Pinky 835
* Revlon Lipstick in Softshell Pink 405
* Revlon Lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion 657
==BRUSHES & TOOLS==
* Cosmetic Wedge
* Foundation Brush
* Eyelash Curler
* Pointed Crease brush from Coastal Scents (long black handle)
* Pink Spool from NYX (used to brush brows down)
* Regular Eyeshadow Brush from Kirkland (used to put blue shadow on whole face)
* Blush Brush used to help contour dark blue
* Lip Precision Brush
*Everyday Eyeshadow Brush from Sephora
* DermaColor Makeup Fixing Spray (white and teal can)
* For the open gash on her face there are a variety of ways to achieve this. Liquid latex will stay on your face and likely work very well but, the average person does not own this. So, try using a slab of glue stick and spreading it onto your skin in the desires shape to let it dry or, coat a tissue paper in glue a day ahead of time and glue that to your face and rip it open to create the gash. OR … use liquid glue or Mod Podge directly on your face (it’s okay for a one time thing, do an allergy test prior if you’re iffy about this) Shape the liquid into desired shape, allow to dry a bit, rip open a hole then let dry completely. This will take much longer though. Add tissue to the liquid glue for more texture. Experiment different way on your arm prior to dress up day to find which looks best for you!
* For my hair I basically twisted locks of hair and sprayed stiffening spray and used a hot iron curler for a few of the ends. It’s important to cover your ears as Emily’s are never really showing. I used bobby pins to style and pin down the hair, as well as the veil. I recommend hot gluing blue tinted flowers (fake, preferably) to the top of the veil prior to wearing for a more romantic look.
== MUSIC ==
The theme from Corpse Bride was used as well as a violin and piano instrumental composed by Jasica Yeh. I’m sorry I don’t know the name of the actual song, eep.
== FOOTAGE ==
All the footage in the title cards and ending were filmed by me! 🙂 When I go to interesting places I sometimes bring my camera and film anything interesting and they come to use later 😀 Others are from my own for-fun made films. Do you recognize the foresty scenes? I used them in my Kyoshi Warrior tutorial too, I just changed the hue from green to blue 😀
== The DOLL ==
In some instances you may see me holding a doll that looks like Emily 🙂 I actually made this for a 3D art project during my junior year of high school. She sits on my desk and watches me do all my editing! Heh, creepy but I love her.
== OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER ==
Get into the spirit with me and watch Tim Burton’s official trailer here for Corpse Bride. Big kudos if you can find instances in the trailer or movie that match facial expressions/scenes from my tutorial 🙂
Thank you for your ongoing support, my goal is to always entertain and inspire you and maybe sometimes even, teach a makeup tip here and there.
My Facebook Page:
Much Love ~
For more information on threading, beauty, hair, makeup, cosmetics, tutorials, mac, m.a.c, demo, eyebrows, prom, fashion, eye brow you name it.. I want to blog about it 🙂
Hi from http://pursebuzz.com I am here to bring you makeup video demos, hair tutorials, fashion, nails and everything in between. You will find celebrity inspired hair styles and also celeb make up (cosmetics) demos. From inspired looks of Fergie, Hillary Duff, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry, and so many more movie stars. I’ll take you through the whole look so that you can learn the basics of smokey eyes and dramatic sexy techniques. You can come to http://pursebuzz.com for reviews on M.A.C cosmetics, reviews, unique hairstyles, quick back to school tutorials to everyday business make up and everything beauty related. I have reviews on NARS, Make Up For Ever, mac, Lancome, Clinique, Tarte, Cargo, Stila, Benefit, coastalscents.com, urban decay, and other kinds of cosmetics.
This is a tutorial for doing bridal makeup for Asians. For more, please check out http://www.frmheadtotoe.com
*Graftobian Hi-Def Cream foundation
*Everyday Minerals Finishing Powder
*Everyday Minerals Apple Blush
*NYX Mosaic powder in Highlighter
*Urban Decay Primer Potion
*Clinique Brush-On Gel Liner in brown
*Revlon colorstay eyeshadow quad in Copper Spice
*NYX Single Eyeshadows in Brown and White
*MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
*No-name criss-cross false lashes (Duo eyelash adhesive)
*Covergirl Lash Exact Waterproof Mascara
*Maybelline Superstay Gloss in 160 Glass Rose
All products used were bought by myself for personal use. 🙂
Music is Pachabel’s Canon in D Major from http://incompetech.com.
You can buy Lioele products at http://www.prettyandcute.com & use code “lovelioele” to get 10% off your purchase of Lioele products
Lioele Beyond Solution BB Cream
Paul & Joe Face Powder in 03 Sand
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sugar Cosmetics Color Stick in Apple Cider
NYX Ultimate Pearl Eyeshadow in Gold Pearl
NYX Ultimate Pearl Eyeshadow in White Pearl
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Aube Eyeshadow Palette (dark purple color)
Anastasia Brows in Bloom in Brunette
Shiseido Eyelash Curler
Lioele Up & Down Waterproof Mascara
Lioele Cushion Touch Blusher in Pink
Aquafina Berry Lipbalm
Lioele Blooming Pop Cherry Tint
YSL Rouge Volupte #1 Nude Beige
Lioele Blooming Gloss #10 Lovely Twoway
Music is Modern Jazz Samba by Kevin MacLeod. Lioele products were provided by http://www.prettyandcute.com and all other makeup was purchased myself.
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Ben Nye in “white”
NYX eyeshadow in “white”
NYX jumbo eye pencil in “Hot Pink”
Stargazer eyeshadow in “Flamingo”
Prestige HiDefinition liner in “Black”
oops i forgot music 😛
anyways! hope you like it..
lipbalm watermelon by the body shop
coverstick by maybeline 02 beige
white eyeliner pencil by essence
white e/s chill by mac
blacktrack fluidline by mac
diadermine eye makup remover
wet n wild citrus fresh gloss
Another addition to my Celebrity inspired makeup look series.
1) Eye primer Urban Decay primer potion
2) MAC Orb eye shadow applied with Sonia Kashuk large eye shadow brush on entire lid. Substitute – NYX eye shadow in Dallas
3) MAC Saddle applied as a prime color on the highest post of the crease with MAC 224 blending brush and also in the inner crease. Substitute – NYX eye shadow in Brown
4) MAC Print eye shadow applied below Saddle with MAC 222 brush into the crease . Substitute NYX eye shadow in Charcoal or Grey.
5) NYX Jumbo pencil in Black Bean applied on the lid and blended out with MAC 222 brush.
6) MAC Reflects Antique Gold pigment packed on top of Black Bean with MAC 239 brush.
7) MAC Vanilla pigment eye shadow ,applied with MAC 217 on brow bone and Inner tear duct Substitute – NYX Nude Loose pearl mania
8 ) MAC Print eye shadow applied on lower lash line with NYX eye shadow brush #1.
9) MAC Fascinating kohl pencil applied on water line. Substitute NYX slim pencil in White.
10) Added false lashes and black liquid liner.
Cheeks: MAC blush in Desirous Substitute – NYX blush in Desert Rose
Lips NYX lip liner in Coffee.
Lip-gloss – NYX Mega shine lip-gloss in Beige
All NYX products and MAC pigment samples available athttp://www.shopcraze.com
Thanks for watching and subscribing.
look who made a vlog channel!
follow me on that twitter thing if you’d like: http://twitter.com/missglamorazzi
this is my last back-to-school tutorial in a series of three.
be sure to check out my tutorial for middle schoolers:
and high schoolers:
college can be a stressful time, and i know i definitely have those days where i just want to sleep in as long as possible, roll out of bed, and go to class in sweats. however, i’ve found that if you take a little extra time a few days a week to get ready, it can make a HUGE difference in your academic performance. you feel more energized, awake, and it’s easier to concentrate. this look probably isn’t ideal to do every single day, but it’s perfect for those days when you want to feel great from the inside out! (:
products i used:
-urban decay de slick makeup setting spray
-revlon colorstay foundation for combination/oily skin in 180 sand beige
-bobbi brown tinted eye brightener in light to medium peach
-nyx jumbo eye pencil in yogurt
-nars eyeshadow duo in kuala lumpur (the peachy gold color)
-mac eyeshadow in phloof!
-bobbi brown long wear gel eyeliner in black ink
-maybelline dream matte powder in medium sand
-clinique high impact mascara in black
-benefit sugarbomb boxed powder
-mac tinted lip conditioner in feline’ good (limited edition)
brushes & tools used:
-revlon kabuki brush
-she uemura eyelash curler
-sephora professional platinum airbrush #55
-opi pinking of you
FAUX DENIM DRESS:
-from forever 21 last summer
1) the bobbi brown products and the clinique mascara were sent to me by the companies for free. everything else was purchased by me with my own money.
2) i am not being paid or endorsed by any company for the products used/shown/mentioned
3) i am not affiliated with any company in any way.
4) all thoughts expressed are my honest opinion.
I received a request a few weeks ago to do a brown smoky eye and this is what I came up with. It’s simply, very easy to do, using minimal products and the outcome is just stunning. I decided to put my own spin on it by adding a nice pop of silver to the eyes, which is such an attention getter. 🙂
This happens to be one of my favourite looks to do during the day and night time. Yes, I would rock this during the day minus the silver in the tearduct.
Also, this was the eye makeup shown at the end of my eyebrow tutorial for those who asked for a tutorial. I re-filmed it, so it is going to look a little different from that video because I changed a few things around.
Products used listed below.
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: Black Bean
M.A.C. Eyeshadow: Texture
M.A.C. Eyeshadow: Embark
M.A.C. Eyeshadow: Brown Down
M.A.C. Eyeshadow: A Little Folie (substitute with Folie or Swiss Chocolate)
SALLY’S GIRL Eyeshadow: Beige
KAT VON D Beethoven Palette: Razor Gray
REVLON Beyond Natural False Lashes: Long Volumizing (91169)
COVER GIRL Queen Bronzer: Ebony Bronze
JORDANA Powder Blush: Bronze
M.A.C. Cremestick Liner: Cushy
REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick: Primose
JORDANA Lip Out Loud Lipgloss: F.Y.I.
Friday Night Hair: GLS09 — http://fridaynighthair.com/products_show.asp?productid=472&nclassid=662
It’s a synthetic lace front in a colour #1.
NOTE: All products featured in this video were purchased by me. I am not sponsored, nor represented, by any of the companies present in this video