“You may now … kiss … the bride…”
This haunting and beautifully themed tutorial will help you dress yourself as Emily from Tim Burton’s film, Corpse Bride. Using an airbrush is the best way to create a flawless finish but since most people do not have such a tool, I tried my best to create blue skin with Aqua color and eye shadows. Her up-arched brows, circular, darkened, beautiful blue eyes, sunken in cheekbones and soft pink lips are Emily’s signature aspects. I hope you enjoy the tutorial 🙂
WHAT I USED ~
==BASE & SKIN PREP ==
* ice cube wrapped in napkin
* OLAY Moisturizer (very important to fill in pores and moisturize when painting face and using special effects or uncommon products like glue on your face …)
* Urban Decay Primer Potion
==COLOR & CONTOUR ==
* Kryolan Aquacolor in 070
* Vampin’ Blue Shadow pot by Coastal Scents
* Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette
==EYES & BROWS==
* Black False Lashes (pointy style)
* The Falsies Volume Express Mascara by Maybelline (purple & teal tube)
* Revlon Lash Adhesive/Glue
* Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black/Noir Intense
* Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette
* Claire’s 40 Shimmering Eyeshadow Palette
* Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner pencil in Black/Noir
* NYX Lipliner in Pinky 835
* Revlon Lipstick in Softshell Pink 405
* Revlon Lipstick in Fuchsia Fusion 657
==BRUSHES & TOOLS==
* Cosmetic Wedge
* Foundation Brush
* Eyelash Curler
* Pointed Crease brush from Coastal Scents (long black handle)
* Pink Spool from NYX (used to brush brows down)
* Regular Eyeshadow Brush from Kirkland (used to put blue shadow on whole face)
* Blush Brush used to help contour dark blue
* Lip Precision Brush
*Everyday Eyeshadow Brush from Sephora
* DermaColor Makeup Fixing Spray (white and teal can)
* For the open gash on her face there are a variety of ways to achieve this. Liquid latex will stay on your face and likely work very well but, the average person does not own this. So, try using a slab of glue stick and spreading it onto your skin in the desires shape to let it dry or, coat a tissue paper in glue a day ahead of time and glue that to your face and rip it open to create the gash. OR … use liquid glue or Mod Podge directly on your face (it’s okay for a one time thing, do an allergy test prior if you’re iffy about this) Shape the liquid into desired shape, allow to dry a bit, rip open a hole then let dry completely. This will take much longer though. Add tissue to the liquid glue for more texture. Experiment different way on your arm prior to dress up day to find which looks best for you!
* For my hair I basically twisted locks of hair and sprayed stiffening spray and used a hot iron curler for a few of the ends. It’s important to cover your ears as Emily’s are never really showing. I used bobby pins to style and pin down the hair, as well as the veil. I recommend hot gluing blue tinted flowers (fake, preferably) to the top of the veil prior to wearing for a more romantic look.
== MUSIC ==
The theme from Corpse Bride was used as well as a violin and piano instrumental composed by Jasica Yeh. I’m sorry I don’t know the name of the actual song, eep.
== FOOTAGE ==
All the footage in the title cards and ending were filmed by me! 🙂 When I go to interesting places I sometimes bring my camera and film anything interesting and they come to use later 😀 Others are from my own for-fun made films. Do you recognize the foresty scenes? I used them in my Kyoshi Warrior tutorial too, I just changed the hue from green to blue 😀
== The DOLL ==
In some instances you may see me holding a doll that looks like Emily 🙂 I actually made this for a 3D art project during my junior year of high school. She sits on my desk and watches me do all my editing! Heh, creepy but I love her.
== OFFICIAL MOVIE TRAILER ==
Get into the spirit with me and watch Tim Burton’s official trailer here for Corpse Bride. Big kudos if you can find instances in the trailer or movie that match facial expressions/scenes from my tutorial 🙂
Thank you for your ongoing support, my goal is to always entertain and inspire you and maybe sometimes even, teach a makeup tip here and there.
My Facebook Page:
Much Love ~
What Will YOU Be For Halloween!?! More Tutorials Here!!!
Vampire Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eggzvMIP_u0
Police Officer? Try it Alexandra Stan Style! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irlS34X2-k
Like the facebook page!!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamondsandheels14/221566097874085
Follow me on twitter!: http://twitter.com/#!/SincerelyCass11
Subscribe To The Youtube Channel!:http://www.youtube.com/user/DiamondsAndHeels14
Check out and Subscribe to the other youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/CallHerCass
Check Out The Blog!: http://diamondsandheels14.blogspot.com/
My Mad Hatter Make-up !!! Thanks Paco for being an awesome model .
Thanks for comments!!!!!
I KNOW Tim Burton made the movie Corpse Bride! That’s the point.
Get sneak peeks at upcoming videos on Twitter:
NEW! Add me on Facebook:
Bare Escentuals mineral foundation
NYX White e/s
ArtDeco e/s Base
MAC e/s in Carbon, Copperplate, Shroom
Ben Nye black eyeliner
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara
MAC Prep & Prime Lash
MAC Velvetella lipliner
Nars Scarlet Empress lipstick
NYX Grape lipgloss
MAC Blue Brown pigment
Jofrika theater blood
All music used with permission:
Hisboyelroy – Ana
Moon Melody – Jonathon Roberts (jmtr.com)
Follow me on Twitter, http://twitter.com/panacea81
I hope you like my Tim Burtons cheshire cat makeup look. If you have any requests, send them to me on twitter or leave them in the comments here. Il do my best.
Product list coming soon.
Thanks a million for watching and hope you enjoy!