HEY! Check out my beauty blog!
Constructivist paint pot
Swiss Chocolate e/s
Blanc Type e/s
Loreal Liner Intense, Carbon Black
Golden Bronzing Powder
Fresco Cream Color Base
Lightsweep Shape Powder
We spoke to Central Coast based Cara Mia owner Kezia; she gave us a list of the Top 5 best selling products this summer. Check them out!
1. Cara Mia’s Custom Blend Lipgloss. Everyone is wanting a new, brightly colored lipgloss for the summer. You can choose the texture, color, flavor and even add lip plumper and sunscreen to truly customize it. ($20)
2. Blinc Mascara. This mascara doesn’t just paint your lashes, it tubes them. Going swimming, hiking or take a yoga class and this mascara stays put. No flaking or smudging guaranteed. Perfect for summer brides. ($25)
3. Cara Mia Solar Defender SPF 30. Living in southern California we experience sunshine year round, but the summertime brings with it various outdoor activities and even more sun exposure. Our sunscreen is UVA/UVB protectant and is a physical sunblock meaning it uses ingredients like zinc oxide and green tea to physically block the sun’s rays. Free of harmful chemicals that most sunscreens rely on for their SPF factor. This makes it perfect for even the most sensitive of skins. ($35)
4. Cara Mia Custom Blended Mineral Powder Foundation. During the summer people want quick and easy but still want great coverage and something healthy for their skin. Our powder is fragrance free, gluten free, talc free and paraben free, as are all of our custom blended products. You choose the coverage, we perfect the color to match you skin tone exactly. ($55)
5. Cara Mia Custom Blend Fragrance. Everyone, and we mean everyone, is coming in this summer for a fresh new scent. With over 100 oils to choose from and a staff of experts to help you blend your perfect scent, you can’t go wrong. Make a perfume ($36) or roller oil ($16) or blend your new scent into our custom blend body butter ($5-$36).
These are our top selling items this summer and you can probably see why….they go hand in hand with the summer. We truly are best known for our custom blending which is why they are our hottest sellers.
We spoke to the talented Oxnard based professional makeup artists, Tiffany of Make ’em Blush. She answered a daunting question on our minds: What makeup products should every girl have in her makeup bag?
“Every girls’ makeup bag should ALWAYS include: powder, concealer, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
I love MAC’s Studio Fix Powder with Foundation. Its long lasting, controls oil and gives you a flawless finish. You can build it to make it full coverage or apply with a brush for light to med coverage.
Dermablend has an awesome concealer. It covers everything from blemishes to tattoos.
I love L’oreal’s Double Extend Mascara because it gives you length, thickness, plus its affordable.
My favorite brands for blush are Smashbox and Nars. Both lines have a wide range of awesome colors that are bold and long lasting.
Finally, one of my favorite lip glosses is Ulta Brand Super Shiny lip gloss. Its shiny, not sticky, the color is true, and the best part…its affordable!”
Thank you Tiffany for giving us such great advice!!!
If you want to know more about Tiffany visit her site Make ’em Blush.
I’m back with another tutorial. This video is actually geared towards applying foundation on women of color. I get requests from a lot of women of color on how to apply foundation and make it look right…which involves blending multiple tones together. In this video I use a lot of Eve Pearl products because they’re great on all skin tones. I also use three different models
***Sorry I realize this video is a little fuzzy…but you cans till see what I’m doing. I didn’t want to complete waste the video because you got to see different models of different skin tones and ages.
Check out my video highlights!
1st Model Toni – Shade Tan (dark side) and Dark (light side)
0:59 Prime Face
1:50 Correct undereye circles
2:46 Apply foundation – darker around the edges and lighter around the face
4:39 Contour the nose
5:20 Thin out coverage with damp sponge
5:55 Set foundation with powder
7:43 Toni’s Final Look
7:55 Model 2 Kenyatta – Shade Dark (darker side) and Deep. Repeat the same steps
10:28 Kenyatta’s final look
10:38 Model 3 Adrienne – Shade Dark
12:26 Adrienne’s final look
You can find these products at http://www.evepearl.com
Contacts from http://www.mukuchu.blogspot.com
For a complete post with pictures and products used, check out my blog at http://www.makeupbyrenren.com
Follow my daily updates on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/makeupbyrenren
FTC Disclosure: Products sponsored for review. I’ve reviewed these products and liked them so much that I also bought some of the products featured in this video. I am not affiliated with the company and not paid to make this video. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.
Follow me on Twitter!
How I get my eyebrows looking FLYYYY gurl
Hope you all enjoy!