Category Archives: Professional Tips
– We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We hope you all enjoy the new site and the exciting developments we have in store for the future…
See you soon!
I hope this helped!
If you have advice & are on twitter, we’re posting advice with #newguru so everyone can search it! 🙂
If you’re interested in submitting a guest look, please read these guidelines! http://www.xsparkage.com/?page_id=2397
BUSINESS INQUIRIES ONLY
Instructiefilmpje van de nieuwe Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadow die vanaf september 2010 verkrijgbaar is voor een adviesverkoopprijs van €13,99.
Filmpje is eigendom van Procter&Gamble/Max Factor.
We solved one of the hardest questions plaguing a lot of women in this day and age: What is the best type of liner? There are three major liner products liquid, pencil, and gel. We spoke to makeup artists Naz of Makeup by Naz to give us her professional opinion. Here is what she said:
“As far as liners, I prefer gel liners!
I used to be a liquid girl, but after using gel, I will not go back. I find gel is more forgiving, easier to apply, and lasts absolutely forever. However, if you want to achieve an exotic look, by lining the inside of your eyes waterline, then I recommend a pencil or another one of my favorite products called Sormeh by Mosha Katani, which is a natural Khol that last for days. It also gives an intensely dark and sexy look while providing nutrients to your lashes.”
We found a great video by sayanythingbr00ke that teaches you how to apply gel liner. Enjoy!!!!
We spoke to Central Coast based Cara Mia owner Kezia; she gave us a list of the Top 5 best selling products this summer. Check them out!
1. Cara Mia’s Custom Blend Lipgloss. Everyone is wanting a new, brightly colored lipgloss for the summer. You can choose the texture, color, flavor and even add lip plumper and sunscreen to truly customize it. ($20)
2. Blinc Mascara. This mascara doesn’t just paint your lashes, it tubes them. Going swimming, hiking or take a yoga class and this mascara stays put. No flaking or smudging guaranteed. Perfect for summer brides. ($25)
3. Cara Mia Solar Defender SPF 30. Living in southern California we experience sunshine year round, but the summertime brings with it various outdoor activities and even more sun exposure. Our sunscreen is UVA/UVB protectant and is a physical sunblock meaning it uses ingredients like zinc oxide and green tea to physically block the sun’s rays. Free of harmful chemicals that most sunscreens rely on for their SPF factor. This makes it perfect for even the most sensitive of skins. ($35)
4. Cara Mia Custom Blended Mineral Powder Foundation. During the summer people want quick and easy but still want great coverage and something healthy for their skin. Our powder is fragrance free, gluten free, talc free and paraben free, as are all of our custom blended products. You choose the coverage, we perfect the color to match you skin tone exactly. ($55)
5. Cara Mia Custom Blend Fragrance. Everyone, and we mean everyone, is coming in this summer for a fresh new scent. With over 100 oils to choose from and a staff of experts to help you blend your perfect scent, you can’t go wrong. Make a perfume ($36) or roller oil ($16) or blend your new scent into our custom blend body butter ($5-$36).
These are our top selling items this summer and you can probably see why….they go hand in hand with the summer. We truly are best known for our custom blending which is why they are our hottest sellers.
Tips and Tricks to help your damaged hair get back to that natural shine!
Bleaching, Dying and Heat Products will slowly damage your hair so try and take precautions to stop this!
If you are wondering what HOT OILS look like, here:
Where can I buy these products from?
Your local drug and department stores should have these!
What are the best brands?
I would say Loreal, Vo5 and Herbal Essences!
Whats your dog called?
We spoke to the talented Oxnard based professional makeup artists, Tiffany of Make ’em Blush. She answered a daunting question on our minds: What makeup products should every girl have in her makeup bag?
“Every girls’ makeup bag should ALWAYS include: powder, concealer, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
I love MAC’s Studio Fix Powder with Foundation. Its long lasting, controls oil and gives you a flawless finish. You can build it to make it full coverage or apply with a brush for light to med coverage.
Dermablend has an awesome concealer. It covers everything from blemishes to tattoos.
I love L’oreal’s Double Extend Mascara because it gives you length, thickness, plus its affordable.
My favorite brands for blush are Smashbox and Nars. Both lines have a wide range of awesome colors that are bold and long lasting.
Finally, one of my favorite lip glosses is Ulta Brand Super Shiny lip gloss. Its shiny, not sticky, the color is true, and the best part…its affordable!”
Thank you Tiffany for giving us such great advice!!!
If you want to know more about Tiffany visit her site Make ’em Blush.
We had an insightful conversation with an amazing makeup artist from the exclusive Santa Barbara County, Veronica of www.glamuup.com. She specializes in beautiful, long lasting and effortless make up applications. She is a skilled in a variety of fields including Print, Runway, TV, Special occasions, and more!
What makeup products should no girl live without?
I love mascara! It opens the eyes and gives every woman that extra something drawing attention upwards which is always good especially as we age. I have a moisturizing, light diffusing concealer pen that I just adore; a must have! It covers shadows, is perfect for touch-ups during the day because it is light enough in consistency that it can be worn over powder, and never looks cakey. It gives tired heavy eyes a wake up. A good powder to set the look for the day with just a hint of shimmer is a main stay because that hint of shimmer is light reflective which means skin imperfections are camouflaged. I sell a lot of really good products exclusively they are the same products that I use on my clients and myself because I believe on them, and they happen to photograph the very best.
What products do you use the most in the summer?
During the summer when humidity is at a high, I usually like a nice barely there look with a tinted moisturizer or a moisturizing foundation followed by a good matte it product so you don’t sweat it off. The Body Shop has a few or if you are on a tight budget then you could always use milk of magnesia to prime your face prior to applying any makeup. Ladies with oily skin will benefit from this all the time.
What makeup trends do you think will be popular this fall?
I am not a big fan of trends I believe anything goes with makeup as long as it is applied properly and you are comfortable with it, confidence is always sexy. That said there are a few rules of thumbs to follow when applying makeup i.e.: If you go heavy on the eye then go light on the lips and vice versa that way you stay balanced.